The weather is cooling off. I hope you are enjoying the fall weather and staying healthy. We have some news to share with you.
- Children who take a free sample lesson in any class receive a present from New Hope School of an English picture book.
- New students who start by the end of October save 50% off of their enrollment fees (¥10,500~¥26,250 off).
- Our school bazaar will be held on November 2, 2013, from 10:30AM to 3:00PM. Please come for a fun time of shopping and food. I’m sure you will be able to find some bargains. If you would like to donate items for the bazaar, we can receive sellable items in good condition. Sorry we cannot accept items that would be oversized garbage (sodaigomi) if we cannot sell it. Contact us for details about how, when and where to donate.
- We will have an ocarena concert and workshop on December 7, from 10:30AM to 12:00 noon. Professional musicians, Milt and Shion, will be coming to play and teach some music. This free event is a preschool fundraiser. We suggest donations of ¥500 per child and ¥1000 per adult. It will be fun for the whole family.
Read-Aloud TipsOne of the best ways to help children with their language skills (whatever the language) is to read aloud to them. Here are a few tips to help your children get the most from your reading times together.
- Read slowly. Give your children time to build the scene of the story in their minds.
- Use different voices. This makes the story more fun and helps your children keep track of the characters in the story.
- Stop and discuss. Books are to be interacted with. Take time with your children along the way to discuss, predict, question, and comment on what you are reading.
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to contact us with questions or feedback.